Two persons having the excursion. Tour services shall begin in the morning of Day 1 and be completed in the evening of Day 1
* All transfers around the city of excursion in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
* tour guide (in your language) for entire excursion
* 1.5 liter bottled drinking water per person for the day
* Transfers to locations other than those planned in the itinerary
* entrance tickets to all museums and fee-based sights
* cable road tickets
* Fees related to photo and video shooting in paid museums and sights
* Meals and drinks during the excursion unless mentioned specifically as included
* Other expenses not related to the excursion and visits to sights
In the course of this one-day tour, you will see the city of Almaty in order to get better acquainted with the South Capital of Kazakhstan. You will be offered a program that best suits your needs and budget.
The length of the tour depends on the kind of attractions you choose, and additional activities, such as lunch and dinner that may be required.
Kazakhstan, History, Culture and Traditions, Gastronomic, Folklore and Ethnic, Handcrafts and Folk Art, Shopping, Night Life, Outdoor Activities, Mountaneering, Skiing, Classic
January, October, November, December, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September
Full day excursions around Almaty
In the morning you will go on an excursion around the old city of Almaty; it will start with the famous
Park of 28 Panfilov Heroes
The park is a monument of history, architecture and landscape art, included in the Almaty State Historical, Architectural and Memorial Reserve. There you will see:
The Ascension Cathedral
The cathedral was built in 1907 by Andrei Zenkov, made completely of wood. The original structures of the high-rise building (up to 54 m high) ensured the reliability of the structure during the 1910 earthquake. It was completely built of wooden parts, connected together with metal fasteners. It is a monument of wooden architecture, included in the list of historical and cultural monuments of Kazakhstan of nation-wide importance.
- Museum of Musical Instruments.
In the museum there are more than 1000 exhibits, over 60 kinds, types and varieties of Kazakh folk musical instruments used by outstanding improvising singers.
- Memorial of Glory
It is dedicated to Soviet soldiers, in memory of the feat committed during the Great Patriotic War during defense of Moscow by 28 heroes of Panfilov's 1075 regiment of the 316th Infantry Division. The park was laid during the construction of Verny (Almaty) in the place of a cemetery (in 1921 the cemetery was destroyed by a mudflow).
Further along the program you will visit:
- Green Market - all year round you can buy here fresh greens, fruits, vegetables, meat, and nuts. The first stone shops, shopping arcades and fountains on the Green Bazaar were built in 1875 by the local architect Jan Poklevsky. A hundred years later, in 1975 the marketplace was demolished and new pavilions of concrete and glass were erected.
Like in a fairy tale of sweetness, you will be guided to a confectionery factory
- Rakhat - founded in 1942 on the basis of the shops of the Almaty distillery and the Moscow confectionery factories named after Babaev and Rot Front. It still continues to delight inhabitants of the city and guests with their sweets.
In the afternoon you will visit the world famous winter sports resort:
- Medeo - the world's largest high-altitude complex for winter sports with the largest artificial ice area totalling 10.5 thousand sq. meters. Highlands and the clearest mountain water used to make the ice contribute to high results in speed skating - over 200 world records were achieved here in all distances among men and women.
From the station Medeo via the cable car you will climb to
- Chimbulak Ski Resort - located at an altitude of 2200-2500 meters above sea level. While climbing in a cable car from the Medeo station, you will enjoy views of the mountain range of the Zailiysky Alatau. The length of the route of the sportive descent from the Talgar Pass is 3500 m, the giant slalom is 1500 m, with an average width of 25 m, and the slope inclination is 11-29°.
From Chimbulak, you go up the cable car to the saddle of the
- Greater Talgar Pass - over 3000 meters above sea level. Even in the summer you can play snowballs there!
Going down into the city, you can refresh yourself with dinner in one of the national restaurants in Almaty.
This is where your tour ends, with a lot of new impressions and pleasant memories!